In the Creation Station, 4th graders have been working through the Design Process to solve a problem. The problem we identified was that younger students are losing small items around the Lower School. The challenge was to create a small case that could help students carry money or other small items to school. Before we began, students learned about the Design Process.
1. Exploration: research various ideas
2. Ideation: imagine different ideas
3. Cultivation: decide on one idea
4. Action: create a prototype
5. Reflection: assess your work and revise as needed
6. Production: create a final product
7. Presentation: share your work with the class
Students completed the exploration, ideation, and cultivation phases by reviewing materials in a LiveBinder and creating a detailed plan.
Next, the students entered the most exciting phase – the action phase!
Once the project was complete, students reflected on the product and the process by creating a reflection in Book Creator. Our final step will be to present our work to the class.